Charging equipment for EVs is no longer an afterthought for businesses.
In fact, industry experts suggest that EV needs are beginning to drive solar uptake and predict that EV-charging requirements could be responsible for around 30,000 new or upsized solar systems in 2023 alone.
For businesses looking for a reliable contractor to install EV charging equipment, solar businesses are the natural choice. They offer renewable-energy expertise, deep technical knowledge, and the ability to include EV chargers as part of an integrated solar and storage system installation.
EV market snapshot
- In June 2023 the share of EVs in the new car market hit a record 8.8 per cent.
- More than 30 new EV models from a broad range of popular brands are scheduled to hit Australian dealerships within the next year.
- The Tesla Model Y leapfrogged the Ford Ranger ute to become the second best-selling car of any type in Australia in June 2023.
“When you assist small businesses to swap out polluting energy sources and machines for renewable-powered electric versions, you permanently lower the cost base of a business. It embeds thousands of dollars’ worth of annual savings into the annual operations of small businesses, savings that accrue over the long term.”
– Saul Griffiths, Founder, Rewiring Australia
Top 5 reasons businesses are installing EV chargers
- Attracting visitors – EV drivers choose where they go based on the availability of charging stations.
- Customer service – delivering a ‘perk’ to customers can create a competitive edge.
- ESG requirements – supporting a brand’s sustainability values and public perception.
- Talent attraction and retention – staff who drive EVs won’t, in the future, want to work where they can’t plug in!
- Favourable federal and state government incentives, e.g., EVs priced below the luxury car tax threshold^ are eligible for FBT exemptions when leased through a business.
Why Smart Ease is your perfect partner for EV projects
Our fast, fuss-free payment solutions are designed to help forward-thinking businesses acquire the equipment they need today, even if cash flow is a challenge. Smart Ease offers:
- Fast, fuss-free payment solutions
- 100% online, low-doc application process
- Competitive interest rates
- Pre-approval for $3,000 – $150,000 in 4 minutes!
Sign up for Smart Hub to stay informed on the latest news and insights, plus access free training, webinars and events!
- SunWiz data I EnergyNext presentation I 18 July 2023
- Vfacts, Electric Vehicle Council, National Transport Commission and media estimates.
- EV sales June 2023: Tesla Model Y outsells Ford Ranger | Electric vehicle news (mynrma.com.au)
- Toyota HiLux tops charts, Tesla Model Y beats Ford Ranger, as electric cars surge – Drive
- Reasons why every business owners should take EV charging station installation into consideration – Blue NRG Business Electricity – Applies to EVs purchased after July 2022
* Subject to credit criteria and approval.
^Applies to EVs purchased after July 2022